Recording of midterm webinar now available to watch
TiMS’ midterm webinar was held in February 2021. Recordings of the event are now availabe to watch with subtitles.
- Keynote by Professor Dianne Dredge titled From knowing to feeling inclusion – Rhythms, rifts and rights and how we can truly co-create better tourism.
- Panel discussion, moderated by Professor Can Seng Ooi, titled Challenges and opportunities in creating inclusive tourism. Panellists: Åsa Egrelius, Senior Manager Public Affairs at Visit Sweden, Heléne Östberg, Brand and Innovation Manager atTourism in Skåne, Katarina Thorstensson, Head of Sustainability at Gothenburg & Co, and Anna Cederberg Gerdrup, Communication Strategist/Author at Gerdrup & Company AB.
- Presentation by project members titled Preliminary findings and future direction of TiMS.
Call for abstracts
TiMS will host a session titled “Developing the concept of inclusive tourism” at the 29th Nordic Symposium on Tourisms and Hospitality Research, 21–23th September. The format of conference will be announced later due to the pandemic .
Call for abstract is open for methodological, empirical and/or theoretical contributions that consider, e.g.:
- How the plurality of tourism products and destinations are communicated, represented and experienced in terms of e.g. cultures, ethnicity, gender, class and other social characteristics.
- Challenges and opportunities met in tourism development processes that aim for diversity, equality and participation.
- Developments of the definition of inclusive tourism, e.g. founding principles, delimitations and what separates it from other related concepts.